Saddlehill Cellars features a wine tasting room which includes a farm-to-table bistro with wine and food pairing offerings. We will be open for lunch and dinner, serving delicious menu items made primarily with farm-produced ingredients. In addition to selling its estate-crafted wines in the retail shop, as well as through its wine club, there will be offerings of foods from ingredients grown on the farm, in the fruit orchard, and on the vegetable fields, such as jams, sauces, spreads, and honey.
Server | Job Summery
Saddlehill Cellars is in search of outstanding, enthusiastic team players to join our growing company!
As a server, you play a pivotal role in providing exceptional customer service to our guests, ensuring a memorable dining experience. This multifaceted role involves serving food and wine, suggesting wine pairings and fostering a warm and inviting atmosphere.
Essential Job Functions include:
- Presenting menus, providing detailed explanations, and offering recommendations on food and wine pairings.
- Taking accurate food and beverage orders and entering them into the POS system.
- Serving food and beverages promptly while ensuring accuracy and attention to detail.
- Thorough knowledge of all menu items and ingredients, food preparations, and their food allergens. Familiarity with various dietary restrictions.
- Proactively addressing guest inquiries and concerns, resolving issues promptly and effectively.
- Demonstrating a thorough understanding of the restaurant's menu, including ingredients, preparation methods, and allergen information.
- Collaborating with the kitchen and bar staff to ensure timely and coordinated service.
- Monitoring guests' dining experiences, recognizing when additional service or attention is needed.
- Ensuring tables are cleared and reset promptly, maintaining cleanliness and organization in the dining area.
- Informing management of any special occasions, or service interruptions
- Processing payments accurately, and handling cash transactions.
- Promoting and upselling food and wine specials, as well as wine club memberships.
- Adhering to all safety and sanitation standards, following proper food handling procedures.
- Learning and staying updated on the winery's wine offerings, attending wine tastings and training sessions as required.
- Adheres to all service procedures and completed side work as assigned.
- Ability to read, write, and communicate verbally in English.
- Able to stand, walk for longer periods of time.
- Previous experience as a server in a casual dining establishment or winery preferred.
- Exceptional customer service skills, with the ability to create a positive and engaging environment for guests.
- Strong knowledge of food and wine, with the ability to make informed recommendations and pairings.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to establish rapport with guests and colleagues. Be a team player and help others as needed.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Basic math skills and proficiency in handling all payment transactions.
- Flexible schedule availability, including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Knowledge of safety and sanitation standards in the food and beverage industry.
- A passion for the hospitality industry and a genuine desire to provide an outstanding dining experience.
If you are a dedicated and service-oriented individual, eager to contribute to a dynamic team in a casual restaurant and winery setting, we would love to hear from you. Apply now to join our team of passionate professionals.
Compensation and Benefits: Competitive Rate, Paid time off, 401K, healthcare options available.
We are open 6 days a week for lunch and dinner
Weekends/ Evening Shifts
Part Time/ Full Time Lunch Hours 10.30- 5pm. Dinner Hours: 4.30pm-11pm