Saddlehill Cellars features a 150 seat farm-to-table bistro with a tasting room for wine tastings which will be open for lunch and dinner, serving delicious menu items made primarily with farm-produced ingredients. In addition to selling its estate-crafted wines in the retail shop, as well as through its wine club, there will be offerings of foods from ingredients grown on the farm, in the fruit orchard, and on the vegetable fields, such as jams, sauces, spreads, and honey.
Line Cook/ Prep Cook
Saddlehill Cellars is in search of outstanding, enthusiastic culinary team members looking to become a part of our growing company!
You may be in the kitchen, but your heart has to be out there making each guest's celebration a great one. Our Line Cook prepares a wide variety of foods according to our recipe requirements and adheres to product sensitivities and plate presentation. He ensures that all prepared food meets food safety and quality standards.
Essential Job Functions
- Prepares and cooks each menu item consistently according to recipe cards and places expo-ready food in the window
- Ensures proper execution of all menu items, maintains high quality and consistent product
- Communicates ticket times and potential problems with the service staff, kitchen staff and Managers
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of all menu items including their allergens
- Operates and maintains all kitchen equipment properly
- Ensures proper rotation of all products and stocks products to par. Labels, day dots and signs all products as appropriate
- Keeps all coolers and shelves clean, well-stocked and properly rotated.
- Follows established food safety, cleaning and maintenance procedures.
- Follows and complies with established procedures, including weights and measures, health and sanitation, and adheres to safe work practices.
- Operates and sanitizes all equipment in a safe and proper manner.
- Stand and walk for extended periods of time
- Must be able to occasionally work in extreme cold temperatures in freezers and walk- in coolers
- Qualifications/ Skills
- Have 1+ year previous culinary experience in a full service restaurant
- Ability to work flexible shifts and days of the week including holidays/ weekends.
- Ability to stand for long periods and lift up to 40lbs
- Has reliable transportation and is on time.
- Excellent communication skills and willingness to work as part of a team; ability to communicate effectively with customers and team members.
- Ability to follow instructions and procedures.
- Ability to visually examine products for quality and freshness.
- Proper handling of knives and other cutting equipment.
Compensation and Benefits :Competitive Rate, Paid time off, 401K, healthcare options available.
We are open 6 days a week for lunch and dinner
Weekends/ Evening Shifts
Part Time/ Full Time Lunch Hours 10.30- 5pm. Dinner Hours: 4.30pm-11pm
Available for flexible scheduling to meet the needs of the department.