Saddlehill Cellars features a wine tasting room which includes a farm-to-table bistro with wine and food pairing offerings. We will be open for lunch and dinner, serving delicious menu items made primarily with farm-produced ingredients. In addition to selling its estate-crafted wines in the retail shop, as well as through its wine club, there will be offerings of foods from ingredients grown on the farm, in the fruit orchard, and on the vegetable fields, such as jams, sauces, spreads, and honey.
Saddlehill Cellars is in search of outstanding, enthusiastic team players to join our growing company! As a brand new winery with a tasting room and restaurant, we offer our guests an exceptional dining experience in a picturesque setting. The Host will be responsible for creating a warm and welcoming atmosphere, ensuring smooth operations, and providing excellent customer service to enhance our guests' overall experience. Your friendly demeanor is the first thing our Guests see, and we want you to make it a great lasting impression!
- Greeting and Seating Guests: Warmly welcome and greet guests upon arrival, promptly escorting them to their tables while ensuring their preferences and needs are met. Maintain a professional and friendly demeanor throughout the seating process.
- Answer phone calls within three rings, take reservations and answer any questions.
- Reservations Management: Efficiently handle reservation inquiries, record bookings accurately, and manage the reservation system to optimize table allocation. Communicate reservation status and any special occasions/ requests to the restaurant team, ensuring smooth operations and minimizing wait times.
- Customer Service: Provide exceptional service by promptly addressing guest inquiries, concerns, and requests. IDeliver a personalized experience, maintaining a high level of professionalism, and ensuring guest satisfaction.
- Menu Knowledge: Develop a strong understanding of the wine selections, wine tastings and food menu offerings, including wine and food pairings, to provide detailed information to guests. Assist with menu recommendations and promote featured items, specials, and seasonal offerings.
- Wine Club and retail market space: be knowledgeable about all wine club offerings, special events, retail items and promote wine club memberships
- Learning and staying updated on the winery's wine offerings, attending wine tastings and training sessions as required.
- Upkeep of the Host Stand: Maintain a clean and organized host stand area, ensuring it is properly stocked with necessary supplies, menus, and promotional materials.
- Coordination with Rest Mgmt and Staff: Collaborate with the restaurant team to ensure timely seating, efficient table turnover, and smooth communication between the front-of-house and kitchen staff. Act as a liaison between guests and the restaurant team to ensure a seamless dining experience.
- Previous experience in a similar customer service role is preferred.
- Be a team player with excellent communication skills with the ability to interact effectively with diverse individuals
- Ability to read, write, and communicate verbally in English.
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Have a warm, friendly, outgoing personality with a genuine desire to take care of others
- Willingness to learn basic knowledge of all wines and food pairings
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and handle difficult customer situations professionally
Flexible schedule, including weekends, evenings, and holidays
- Has reliable transportation and be on time.
- Bonus: has a passion for wine
Compensation and Benefits: Competitive Rate, Paid time off, 401K, healthcare options available.
We are open 6 days a week for lunch and dinner
Weekends/ Evening Shifts
Part Time/ Full Time Lunch Hours 10.30- 5pm. Dinner Hours: 4.30pm-11pm